Consultations are scheduled in a very similar way as it would be in your general surgery. Bookings are taken in advance or on the same day and please fill in a short form describing your current symptoms or medical problems in more details.
Please bring along all medications to the appointment as well as details of any recent investigations or procedures (if you have any).
Here is the list of most commonly occurring medical problems, but our aim is to help with any queries you may have or at least signpost you to the right direction.
- General consultation £70
- Follow up consultation £35
- Specialist diabetes initial consultation £110
- Specialist menopause initial consultation £110
- Respiratory problems – cough, sore throat, wheezing, flu like symptoms, chest infection, common cold, asthma, shortness of breath, sinusitis, temperature
- ENT (ears/nose/throat) – ear pain and infections, mouth ulcers, sinusitis, hearing loss, dizziness, tinnitus, hoarse voice, vertigo, nose bleeds, facial pain
- Cardiac/heart problems – palpitations, shortness of breath, increased blood pressure, increased cholesterol, discomfort in chest during exercise
- Digestive problems – bad breath, diarrhea, constipation, food poisoning, gastritis, stomach pain, indigestion and acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, abdominal pain, difficulty or pain on swallowing, blood in stools, anal itchiness or hemorrhoids, vomiting
- Genito /urinary problems – pain when urinating, blood in urine, vaginal discomfort, vaginal itchiness and discharge, frequent urination, lower abdominal pain or pressure, cystitis
- Gynecological problems and sexual health – heavy and irregular bleeding, contraception, cervical cancer screening, menopause. We do not do implants or coils.
- Skin conditions – eczema, hives, dry skin, psoriasis, acne, mole examination, fungal infections, skin rashes such as chicken pox, impetigo, herpes, shingles, burns, wounds, dermatitis, itchy and flaky scalp, boils, ingrown toenails, nappy rash
- Muscle and joints – back pain, sciatica, neck pain, knee pain, osteoarthritis managements
- Neurological problems – dizziness, headache, leg cramps, lack of concentration
- Eye problems – swollen eyelids, blepharitis, pink eyes, watering and discharging eyes, itchy eyes, dry eyes
- Endocrinology problems – most common are diabetes, underactive thyroid function
- Other commonly occurring symptoms – tiredness, lack of energy, hair loss, weight gain, anemia, allergic concerns
What happens during your appointment?
We will be discussing your medical problems in detail and in some cases, prescription will be issued to treat your conditions. In other cases, you may be required to do blood tests or any other investigations, which also may require a follow up consultation. If Xray or scans are required, then you will be advised to contact your NHS GP for a referral to do privately through your insurance company. Your appointment will last between 20 -25 minutes, unless agreed in advance for a longer duration.